Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hemline Adjustment and RIT Maternity Shirt

  I found this at Goodwill in the dress section and decided it would be a good maternity shirt.  It was a little long, so I tried it on and marked where I wanted my new hem to be.  Then I measured up from the hem marking below my new marked hemline about two inches to give myself enough seam allowance to double it over twice and sew with a straight stitch.  Looking back I probably didn't need that much extra for seam allowance but thats ok because now I know for next time! lol  The color was a little bland so I used RIT dye to make it a beautiful purple!:) 



1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

So much better! I love the shorter length and the new color! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD