Wednesday, September 24, 2014

How I made a skirt a one size bigger

I have a new love when it comes to sewing accessories: Wide stretch elastic. It has so many uses.

I bought this skirt on a sale a few years ago a size too small. A size S, and I am not wearing it in the picture, since I looked like a rolled sausage, when I did.
Enter: Stretch elastic.


 After, it fits :) :

The sides:

I am one size smaller at the waist than at the hips, so I made sort of a pleat with the elastic at the waist for a better fit.



Blogpost: http://saga-i-farver.blogspot.dk/2014/09/mit-nye-yndlingssytilbehr-og-en-ny.html
Blog: http://www.sagaifarver.dk

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Did you put the elastic only on one side, or both?

RanchHouse said...

Thanks for sharing. This is a great solution to one of my common problems. Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Rennie said...

I love thse kindof skirts it actually looks better with the black part, black lace and tweed are pretty together

Saga said...

@Stacy
On both sides. You can see on my blog how I did.

BubblesRides said...

Great idea!!

Lovenicky said...

Fantastic job! I used stretch knit to enlarge a too small suede skirt too!