Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Jewelry Refash

I made this necklace years ago from one of my Granma's brooches and some craft store beads, but I just never wore it. The colorful brooch plus the wild beads was just too much bling.

Upcycled Brooch Necklace - Before

So I took it apart, and used its beads to make this lanyard

Colorful Beaded Lanyard

Then I added a length chain to the brooch using jump rings. I feel like simplifying the necklace will help keep the brooch the focal point, as it deserves to be.

Upcycled Brooch Necklace - After

For more on this and several other jewelry projects, visit me at CarissaKnits!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

They look much better separate. They each have more impact now I think