Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 01, 2014

Maxi Skirt into 50s Skirt

I bought this skirt from eBay for a bargain price; the fabric really caught my eye! Whilst I think it's quite nice in it's original format, maxi skirts aren't really my style so I wanted to make it into something a bit more retro.

The skirt was quite large, so there was a lot of fabric here for me to work with, I chopped off the top, gathered the raw hem and attached it to an elastic band.

Here is the before and after photo:

The skirt came with a fabric belt which I have decided to use as a scarf to add to the retro effect, and I will wear the skirt over a petticoat to give it fullness.

The full tutorial can be found here.


Nina said...

Awesome! I love the 'pouf'

Bailey Mills said...

super cute! I'm a sucker for vintage looks like that. :)

Joke Vermanen said...

Much better!

jennifer elliott said...

I love love love the new skirt! It's so cute! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

RenataLaura said...

so Audrey Hepburn! I bet you look sunning walking down the road in that :D really ladylike

cfortin said...

Love the transformation! Super cute.

Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

KL said...

LOVE this!