Sunday, September 07, 2014

playpants from the sidings of a bedcover.

Hannah always wears playpants when she plays outside at home. This is type of pants is old and I don't mind if she get's a hole in it or stains. Her 'old' playpants are already 2 sizes to short so I added some fabric.
Since the old pear is getting to small it was time for a new pear. I folded the old one and laid it on the fabric and took some extra width for the seams. Some extra length to because she has grown 10 cm in one year!


Because these playpants need to be strong at the knees I added some extra fabric there.


The fabric comes from a bedcover my mother-in-law gave me. This fabric was ruffled at the sides. The bedcover itself is now a blanket for our dog Bauke. He loves laying on them.

View the complete process here and visit my blog for more refashions!

Greetings Joke.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Great idea to give kids something they're not afraid to get dirty! Very cute too!

-Carissa
EOD

Joke Vermanen said...

Yes thank you!

Nicola Jane said...

A lovely pair of playpants, good idea!