Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Resized Paisley and Flower Dress

I bought this dress back in the spring at Goodwill but never took the time to refashion it.  And I'm so glad I waited, because now I can use it for a maternity dress!  Here are some before and after pics and a brief description of what I did.

Refashion Details:
  I Began by separating the skirt part from the top with a seam ripper .  I then took the top in on the sides and brought it up at the shoulders.  The dress form helped a lot with that!  I then measured, resized, and resewed the skirt at the side seams and shorted the back, doing a rolled hem stitch at the hem so it matched all around.  I basted the front flap over the other front flap of the skirt to hold it together.  I then resewed in the elastic to the skirt and sewed the top and skirt back together.  I then topstitched on the bottom side of the elastic to hold down the seam allowance and also make it look more professional. 




cfortin said...

Lovely dress. Nice save.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Saga said...

It looks great now :)