Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Resized Paisley and Flower Dress

I bought this dress back in the spring at Goodwill but never took the time to refashion it.  And I'm so glad I waited, because now I can use it for a maternity dress!  Here are some before and after pics and a brief description of what I did.


Refashion Details:
  I Began by separating the skirt part from the top with a seam ripper .  I then took the top in on the sides and brought it up at the shoulders.  The dress form helped a lot with that!  I then measured, resized, and resewed the skirt at the side seams and shorted the back, doing a rolled hem stitch at the hem so it matched all around.  I basted the front flap over the other front flap of the skirt to hold it together.  I then resewed in the elastic to the skirt and sewed the top and skirt back together.  I then topstitched on the bottom side of the elastic to hold down the seam allowance and also make it look more professional. 

Before:


After:





2 comments:

cfortin said...

Lovely dress. Nice save.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Saga said...

It looks great now :)