Tuesday, September 16, 2014

SHIRT REFASHION: to simple cardigan

I’m a warm blooded person by nature. When other people are cold or freezing and dressed in heavy layers, I’m hot and sweaty dressed in pants and a short sleeve blouse. But I love wearing sweaters and pairing my tanks with cardigans. I just can’t wear these outfits to work without thinking I’m entering the initial menopause stage.


THE PINK TEE

Anyway, I found an ordinary pale pink tee on clearance for a few dollars. Although the shirt is a size or two too big for me, I think it will work perfectly as a short sleeve cardigan. I don’t wear pink that often, but again, I wanted to pair a tank and cardigan with my refashioned skirt made from one of my mom’s old dresses.


PINK3D

I'm happy the refashion was simple and I'm happier to add a nice short-sleeve cardigan to my wardrobe. I was a little surprised that the refashion was simple -- easy enough for me to use a needle and thread while watching the Lego movie (everything is awesome!). So, I definitely can see more shirt to cardigan refashions in the future! Yay!

For more details on this shirt to cardigan refashion, click here.

Cruise around my blog at jenniferelliott14.com.

Jennifer Elliott

2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Cute Jennifer!

cfort82 said...

Nice refashion. I don't were much pink either I upcycled a pink jacket a while back but I just never wear it. Maybe I should dig it out of the closet. :-)

Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab