Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Silk Skirt Refashion

A couple months ago my favorite thrift store had a bunch of racks outside, with everything on them being sold 4/$1. I nabbed some blouses and a too small silk skirt. Even if it had been my size, I wouldn't have worn it as-is, because it was a midi-length skirt, which is a terrible length for me. It only serves to make me look shorter. :(

But it was a pretty pattern, 100% silk, 25¢, and I have a sewing machine, so who was I to complain about it being too small and too long?

I neglected to take a before pic. (I know, I know, shame on me!) But it was almost identical in cut & length to this Escada skirt.

I ended up cutting it off a few inches below the waistband, hemming the raw edge, and turning it into a floaty silk blouse. I used cotton webbing leftover from a pacifier clip I made for my daughter last year as the straps for my blouse.

Super comfortable too!
I am going to wear it to work with a cardigan tomorrow, since fall-like weather is returning.

1 comment:

Refashion said...

The striking colours and pattern make this a fabulous top!

Debbie EOD