Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Argh, me hearties!

With Halloween right around the corner, I wanted to share this pic of me as a pirate! The costume is cobbled together from various pieces I had in the costume closet. The eye-patch, however, was made by me.
I took one of the boob inserts out of a shirt (you guys know the concave padded thingies I'm talking about, right? Like shoulder pads for the girls!). I trimmed the pad down to size so it would cover my eye, then I attached some elastic (an old elastic hairband). And voila! A one-eyed pirate look! 
What are you guys wearing for Halloween?


Saga said...

Bra pad as eye patch, so fun. I wonder if you could do the same with push up bra inserts. I have a few lying around that I don't know what to with.
A great costume.

jennifer elliott said...

so easy but it works wonder! great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD