Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 02, 2014

BLEACH BUM: my first bleach project

I finally did it! I summoned my courage and bought a bleach pen to use as craft instrument. Ever since looking at other crafters' designs and bleach projects, I knew I wanted to try it. Remember my pink cardigan refashion? I thought it needed a little something, but I wasn't sure what was needed.


Well, a simple flower design was too ambitious for my first round with the bleach pen. Using the fine tip end, my bleach lines were bubbly and thick -- what the pooh? Was I squeezing too hard? Was I squeezing too fast? I did the best I could to correct the messiness, but in my personal opinion, the simple flower design looked like crap.


I decided to draw another "simple" flower to add a little more design. And wow! My drawing skills are terrible! Simply terrible. Although the second flower looks a little nicer, it's still not beautiful. I'm really glad didn't purse my childhood dream of becoming an artist.


For a good chuckle at my artistic abilities with a bleach pen and this project, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I'm an awful artist.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD