Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, October 04, 2014

BLEACH BUM: still a beginner bleacher

Determined to score a victory, I took an old pair of black cotton shorts and decided to draw a cat face on the side. During round 2, I was more careful and articulate with the bleach pen (still used the fine tip end) to draw a small cat face. I let the bleach dry for about 20 minutes before carefully rinsing it off and throwing it into the dryer.


Woot! I love the simple design, and I think it turned out wonderful! With a win in my corner, I added a second cat face on the other side of my sweats. I took a second pair of black sweats and carefully wrote "love" on one side. Again, I let the bleach set in for about 15 to 20 minutes before carefully rinsing it off.


I'm pretty happy with the results with Round 2 with the bleach pen. As soon as I find another suitable shirt for bleaching, I plan to use a cookie cutter as part of the design. What I like so far is I paid $.249 for the bleach pen and I've been able to complete three projects. I can't wait to use the bleach pen again!


For more details about my second bleach project, click here.

Jennifer Elliott


Cassandra Louise said...

That little cat face is so cute! Good job! :-D

Elizabeth Hill said...

What a cute little cat face! "Love" looks lovely as well. Good job with the bleach pen! My only experience with bleach so far has been... messy, to say the least.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus