Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Holey Moley

I have had pretty good luck picking up clothes that have nothing wrong with them at my local Goodwill Clearance Center. This shirt, however, had problems that I didn't see at first.
Gap Maternity Tunic
It had holes. Lots of holes. In a bin, the holes blended in with the stripes, so I didn't realize they were there until I tried it on. 

Holes, marching across my stomach. :-\

Close up. I could fit 2 fingers through the large hole.
The holes were too high up on the shirt for me to just cut them off and leave it at that. So I cut out a holey strip of fabric, about 2 inches wide, and sewed the bottom section back on to the top. I might revisit this shirt and add a stripe in a contrasting color to get the length back, because I kind of liked how long it was.

No more holes!


Andrea said...

Quick functional fix...hate when I miss those holes! Or when they start cropping up in clothes I own. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

Forgot to add my name as Editor on Duty today :)

Andrea EOD

RanchHouse said...

I would love to see a fabric in cut-out. Even a floral. I tried on a t last week; stripe in the front, the rest solid. Share if u do change it up.