Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 23, 2014

My two favourite days:

the changeover of our clothes from spring/summer to fall/winter! I've had my eye on my husband's seldom-worn, slightly stretched out pullover for at least two such changeovers. Last weekend I had him try it on after unpacking it from one of his fall/winter boxes, then pointed out how baggy it looked on him: into the giveaway/refashion pile it went. (Two plus decades, people: I know what I'm doin'!).

Before --

After (cutting off the neckline, cuffs, bottom hem, then cutting right up the centre and putting back onto Dorothea --- but upside down) --

The excess at the back is actually enough to pull over as a hood, but I looked FAR too goofy in that to be comfortable showing you the resulting picture. 

(This coming from a woman who just did some cow nail art).

I'm leaving the edges raw just now since it's a fine weave cotton and my cuts were very clean with a pair of newly sharpened sewing scissors. We'll see what happens after a trip in a cold wash. 

IWOM (who might be putting in a request to come back in her next life as a Yorkie...).


Amy Jo said...

wow. that's really cool!

Elizabeth Hill said...

IWOM, you never cease to amaze me!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus