Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Plain Velvet Jacket to Tuxedo-style jacket

This is again a very simple refashion. I thrifted this Purple Cotton jacket from my local thrift store a couple of years ago. I love the colour but it's a tad too big for me. I thought I should fiddle with it and wear it for the coming X'mas/New year.

I shortened the sleeves, re-sew a new centre back seam, added trim to the collar, changed the buttons and now it looks like this:

It doesn't look drastically different but I think it looks a bit more glam and fitted than before. You can see more photos about this project on My Blog..

Have you started sewing for the holidays yet?

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Lovely job! I love the color!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD