Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Recycling Shoes!

Did you know that shoes are the perfect thing to be recycled? And it isn't difficult at all! Look what I made out of a really worn-down pair:

...well, the shoe on the left is the new one, hope that is obvious... :-)))

This is a great project even for a shoe-making beginner and I will post a how-to video asap on my blog Of Dreams and Seams.
The best thing about it is that you need no special equipment or materials. This is all I used:

You can find some pictures of the process on my Blog, but as I said, I will make a tutorial soon. I just couldn't wait sharing this with you... ;-)

All the best to you,


Andrea said...

So cool!!! I wanna be like you :) Gotta follow your example and fix my own pair of 'well loved' (trashed) shoes ;)

OfDreamsAndSeams said...

Thank you Andrea! And yes, go for it - it's so much fun to do, and not even that much work!

Hannah Frost said...

Oh wow, I've never thought of re-fashioning shoes! The most I've ever done is change the laces!

Also, I've got my first ever Etsy discount code on the go, have a gander!

Carissa said...

I am so impressed! I've glued/sewn stuff on shoes before and cut some of the fabric away them more sandal-y, but I've never had the guts to completely disassemble a pair and rebuild them. That's incredible!


cfortin said...

Really impressive refashion. I have painted a few shoes, glued stuff on and even paper mached shoes, but i haven't ever been brave enough to cut them up.

Cindy - EOD
Ucycled Design Lab

Ladygirl Vintage said...

so excited to see how you did this!