Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Silk dress to skirt

Another beautiful dress given to me by my size XS friend, this time a silk one.

I cut up the side of the skirt.
I got the ekstra fabric, I needed, from the front part of the lining. I cut the fabric off and attached it to the open sideseam of the skirt.
I cut away an arch of/from the flower fabric to exaggerate the wrap effect.
I finished all edges and attached hook and eyes at one side of the wrap (the green).
For the other side (flower fabric) I made a buttonhole and a fabric covered button.
I purposely put the button a few cm down, rather than at the top of the skirt. I have seen that a lot in fashion lately.

Let's pretend it is still warm and summery here :-) (we are well into autumn).
Blogpost about this refashion:
My blog:


Andrea said...

This is just too pretty...jealous!!!

Carissa said...

That's beautiful! I love the peek-a-boo part made from the solid green lining. It looks like it was meant to be!


jenny_o said...

Really nice - and very ingenious!

RePurposeFul said...

I really love this! Imaginative and sooo cute! Great job, thanks for the inspiration. :)