Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tartan bomber jacket

When I spotted this blue tartan bomber jacket in a thrift store, imaging me throwing myself at it, like an American Football player at the ball. No, ladies don't do that, I walked rather fast to the rack and grabbed it.
I have noticed tartan jackets in fashion, and I knew that with a few minor adjustments this could be awesome.

My before picture has been lost. Imagine old, worn out, pilled ribbing in a pale, faded sort of bluegrey colour. And matte, cheap platic buttons.

I replaced the ribbing with black ribbing (also at the cuffs)
I liked the jacket so much, I broke my rule no. 1, when it comes to refashions: No additional cost, except for basics like thread and elastic: I bought 9 beautiful metal buttons that gives the jacket that little extra.
They don't show well here because of the flash fades them.

They show better here:


The awesome Popsugar tartan bomber jacket, I drooled over costs $1000, this only cost me 90 Dkr. (app. 13$, 6$ for the jacket and $7 for the buttons).


RanchHouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RanchHouse said...

I have always liked a plaid jacket. This is worth the extra cost.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD