Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Tie-Dye Top

I always think these little strapless, shirred dresses are so cute, but I never wear them since it means wearing a strapless bra too. So this one is getting flipped upside down and turned into a batwing-esque blouse with the shirred part as the waistband.

Tie-Dye Top - Before

I cut off the top half of the shirred portion since it was all stretched out. Then I cut slits at the bottom of the skirt that will become my new arm holes. Finally, I sewed the front and back bottom hems of the dress together to form the shoulder seams, leaving a hole for my head, obviously.

Tie-Dye Top - AfterTie-Dye Top - AfterTie-Dye Top - After

For more pics and details, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Tie-Dye Top - Before & After


Saga said...

Great blouse and inventive refashion.
THANK YOU! I have three shirres strapless dresses in my refashion pile, I haven't been able to figure out what to do with. To the sewing machine! :-)

Gema Ensenat said...

Love that! What a great idea!! :)

Sandy said...

Brilliant idea. and the sun motifs - or whatever they are - are much better placed.
Sandy in the UK

Sticky Genius said...