Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

80's Polka Dots to Vintage Goodness

I splurged a bit getting this $6.50 find at the thrift store. But I just could turn down the polka dots and the cut. I knew exactly what I was going to do with the dress!

Little tricky taking those before pics since the majority of buttons had already fallen off, and the rest were just hanging on by a thread.

First thing first was swap out the buttons. I found these red pretties from a vintage button shop.

Next I chopped off some length. Sorry no picture! And then I added piping everywhere. 

And I had a wonderful photographer and lots of fun taking the after pics. 

And there you have it. Thrifted dress $6.50, piping $3 and buttons $8. The shoes were a thrifted $6 and the hat was thrifted for $2.50. Whole look: $26.

Thanks for looking! Happy refashioning. 


Juli said...

I love this!

Kelley said...

What a transformation! SEW cute. It's perfect now. Beautiful ensemble for under $30! You'll get SEW much use out if this. You look great!

Happy week,

Carissa said...

I *love* the pop of red with the black and white polka dots! Gorgeous!


Nina said...