Friday, November 21, 2014

Blue Dress Rescue

I have been looking for a holiday dress for my toddler that is blue. All I can ever find in her size are red, green or black. Every blue dress I find is much too large for her. This one is no exception. It will probably fit her in 5 years or so, but it was so cheap that I couldn't pass it up!

So shiny!
However, it did have some slight issues. There were supposed to be 3 flowers on the front, but there were only 2. And one of the ties was coming off. 

After taking one flower off to make the front of the dress symmetrical, the dress front looked...empty. So I decided to add some trim to liven it up!
Please ignore my VERY pale hand!
The new trim really helps tie in the purple highlights in the skirt now! And the dress is now ready and waiting for my daughter to grow into it.


4 comments:

RanchHouse said...

This is such a pretty dress to have ready for future holidays. Let us know what you find for this year. My problem is remembering what I hide away for future and where.
Mary @ RanchHouse

jennifer elliott said...

Nice find! I love the addition of the trim.

jenny_o said...

The trim adds so much to that dress - good eye!

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. I posted your refashion on the site's Instagram account.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD