Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Holey Moley!

This was my favorite sweater last autumn until my puppy snagged a tooth on it.

Embroider Sweater - Before

I remembered seeing this embellished sweater on Pinterest and thought it would be the perfect Pinspiration for this project. First, I darned the hole using the closest matching thread I had on hand. Then I grabbed some leftover yarn from another project and started embroidering flowers, one directly over the darned hole to cover the not-quite-matching thread and the rest scattered all over the top right shoulder. I even did a few on the sleeve and back.

Embroider Sweater - After

I have a feeling this sweater will become a favorite once again.

For more details, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Embroidered Sweater - Before & After


jennifer elliott said...

Pretty! Love it!

g.satansbraten said...

All thumbs and toes up for this rescue!
Btw., thanks for teaching me the cute word of "Pinspiration" = never heard of it before yet: like it since at times so very true.

LG, Gerlinde

cfortin said...

Love what you did. :-)

Cindy - Upcycled Design Lab

J said...

I LOVE this!!

ChiChi Loves said...

what a great idea!

Gema Ensenat said...

This is just GORGEOUS!

Amy Jo said...

Oh my goodness! I love this idea! What a great project to work on during a movie, or a football game!

Anielska Aniela... said...

it's great idea and looks far better that before, thanks!