Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tunic to minimalistic top

I think this piece of clothing was supposed to be a tunic. On my 5'3" frame it was more of a too short dress. And I don't like frills. But I adored the decorative neck detail, which is made up by a lot of buttons.

I cut of the frill at the bottom and shortened the top to my liking. And I cut off the frills at the neckline and the armholes.

If you can handle scissors and sew a straight line on a sewing machine, you can do this!


Andrea said...

Much better...not a fan of all of that extra frilliness either, and now the button embellishments really take center stage.

KL said...

Such a good job!!!!

RenataLaura said...

Looks so much better, i dont understand tunics- not pretty enough to be a dress not practical enough to be a top :p I bet you could wear this with anything now

RanchHouse said...

This top looks like it was meant to be a top instead of a tunic. Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD