Monday, November 17, 2014

Jersey dress to pencil skirt

When I first made this jersey dress, it looked like this:

In the summer it hung on a clothes line for four days in the burning sun and got a pale stripe sunbleached across it (I felt a bid stupid for not having realised that it would happen. But these very warm and sunny summers, we have had lately in Scandinavia, still takes a bit of getting used to).

I decided to make a skirt out of it. I put the elastic at the top of the skirt, rather than in a casing, to give a few centimeters of extra length.
The elastic is from a pair of knickers(!). It was still fine, when the fabric of the knickers had worn out. 

Finished skirt:



4 comments:

Refashion said...

I like the skirt, such a great cheery colour for winter. And good save of a dress that got damaged. :)

Debbie
EOD

Beth said...

This is fantastic! I love the color of the skirt, and that top is divine!! Awesome job!

Nanna said...

what a great save! now that I'm done with craft shows I'm ready to get back into sewing

Helen

Leslie said...

Hi, here in New Zealand we get so much light your washing can fade on the line even in Winter! I always wash and hang everything inside out. :)