Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mom and son costumes

I made costumes for my son and I for a children's party that we were hosting. We were the children's book characters Findus and Pettson. This is how they look:

Here I show the refashioned elements of the costumes
(See blogpost for the rest of the costume: http://saga-i-farver.blogspot.dk/2014/11/findus-og-peddersen-fest.html ).

A girl's tunic became the upper body of the cat.

 And a tail.

For the Pettson costume, I thrifted a pair of men's trousers, that I shortened (before picture).

And also a white and blue striped men's shirt, which I shortened the sleeves of. I also cut the collar to make it look like Pettson's collar (before picture).
 

A tank top became a vest (before picture).

Ready to recieve the guests (picture before my son put on his cat's ears and had whiskers painted on).

6 comments:

Sandy said...

what fun! a great success!
Sandy in the UK

jenny_o said...

Great creativity in making those costumes!

g.satansbraten said...

:-D :-D :-D - aaall thumbs (and big toes) up !

GeekyArtsyMommy said...

Super cute!

jennifer elliott said...

So cute! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

PrairiePeasant said...

We loved those books! Great idea for refashioning and love the final costumes!