Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mom and son costumes

I made costumes for my son and I for a children's party that we were hosting. We were the children's book characters Findus and Pettson. This is how they look:

Here I show the refashioned elements of the costumes
(See blogpost for the rest of the costume: ).

A girl's tunic became the upper body of the cat.

 And a tail.

For the Pettson costume, I thrifted a pair of men's trousers, that I shortened (before picture).

And also a white and blue striped men's shirt, which I shortened the sleeves of. I also cut the collar to make it look like Pettson's collar (before picture).

A tank top became a vest (before picture).

Ready to recieve the guests (picture before my son put on his cat's ears and had whiskers painted on).


Sandy said...

what fun! a great success!
Sandy in the UK

jenny_o said...

Great creativity in making those costumes!

g.satansbraten said...

:-D :-D :-D - aaall thumbs (and big toes) up !

Bailey Mills said...

Super cute!

jennifer elliott said...

So cute! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

PrairiePeasant said...

We loved those books! Great idea for refashioning and love the final costumes!