Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

The dress from Iran

This outfit has sadly sit in my refashion for longer than I care to admit. I will say this- it survival a move that I recently just celebrated a 2 year anniversay of- so that should say how long I have mulling over this refashion. I always thought it had potential but it just took me a while to figure out exactly what to do.

I got this in Alabama and it cost a whopping 99 cents for 2 pieces. The plus was it had this lovely embroidery. I thought the gold and blue embroidery was a bit too stark for my color taste. I first muted it down by using blue iDYE for polyester.

This caused the gold to become a blue-green without touching the cotton background. Yeah! Then I cut the top and the skirt and attached together to make a tunic top with some elastic. And it has long sleeves which is a bonus here with the now winter weather that has arrived here in D.C. Here's a recap.

More info on my blog here. I paired it with skinny jeans and boots and got a ton of compliments at work. I was surprised.


1 comment:

Elizabeth Hill said...

This turned out beautifully! I'm glad the dye did what you were wanting.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus