Saturday, November 15, 2014

The dress from Iran

This outfit has sadly sit in my refashion for longer than I care to admit. I will say this- it survival a move that I recently just celebrated a 2 year anniversay of- so that should say how long I have mulling over this refashion. I always thought it had potential but it just took me a while to figure out exactly what to do.

I got this in Alabama and it cost a whopping 99 cents for 2 pieces. The plus was it had this lovely embroidery. I thought the gold and blue embroidery was a bit too stark for my color taste. I first muted it down by using blue iDYE for polyester.



This caused the gold to become a blue-green without touching the cotton background. Yeah! Then I cut the top and the skirt and attached together to make a tunic top with some elastic. And it has long sleeves which is a bonus here with the now winter weather that has arrived here in D.C. Here's a recap.

More info on my blog here. I paired it with skinny jeans and boots and got a ton of compliments at work. I was surprised.

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This turned out beautifully! I'm glad the dye did what you were wanting.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus