Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, November 07, 2014

Vested Interest

I love to knit, and I love to refashion thrift store garments. So why not combine the two passions? I've had this little pullover for a couple years now and have only worn it once or twice. I adore argyle, but the short sleeves really aren't doing it for me. It'll be so much more practical as a sweater vest to layer up during the winter.

Sweater Vest Refashion - Before

So I detached the sleeves and unraveled them. Then I used that yarn and my tiniest knitting needles to create a simple ribbed band around the armholes.

Sweater Vest Refashion - After

So much more wearable now! And I plan to do just that now that it's getting chillier.
For more details and photos, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Sweater Vest - Before & After


Crista said...

Now that's one awesome, no-waste refashion!!! You have a knack for thinking outside the box, Carissa! And I love to combine multiple arts as well. :-)

Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Very cool!

Kelley said...

Oh, how talented!!!

It's perfect now!

Happy weekend,

cucicucicoo: ecological living said...

Oh my gosh, what genius! I never would've thought of doing that and it looks absolutely perfect! Nice job! :) Lisa

Saga said...

It looks like it was originally made like that, you couldn't tell that it is a refashion and knitted by hand. Very nice.

Bergen County Mocha Moms said...

OMGosh! So clever!

Amy Jo said...

Wow... what a great change! I'm impressed!

Andrea said...

I love that you did a knitted refashion!!! Eddie will be stoked too, I'm sure ;) It really does look so good...great job Carissa!!!

Andrea EOD

Michele Reynolds said...

I love vests and argyle! Really cute<3

J said...


The Enchanted Forest said...

Wow, that does look absolutely perfect! could never tell it wasn't that way originally, so clever! that is really impressive :)