Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, November 09, 2014

When a skirt rips at the seams.... is time to do something. The waist on this skirt had always been too narrow, and when I accidentally ripped the side seam, the skirt took the desicion for me to refashion it.

I cut off the top part.
Then I completely deconstructed the skirt and rebuilt it again (see blogpost here: ).

I cut the zipper off with the fabric around it, the overlay and that [little piece of fabric with a buttonhole in it, at the top of zippers]. 
When I was about to separate the zipper from that fabric I wondered (out of laziness) I could just sew the whole thing on again. 
And it worked! And i allowed me to preserve the overlay and the buttonhole-thing. It actually looks better than the bare zipper would have.

Finished shorter and waist-fitting skirt.



Carissa said...

I love the print on this skirt! So glad you were able to salvage it!


Nina said...

hehehe lazy ways are the best ways. So good to learn the shortcuts!