Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Drape myself in velvet

Back in the fall, (on one of my many thrift store trips) I found a velvet dress in my favorite blue-green color...
Flattering, huh? Who wouldn't want to look wider? But it's a very basic shape, that I assumed would be easy to work with. Luckily, Google set me straight on that assumption. Apparently, velvet is a tricky fabric to work with. I would try hemming it, maybe shorten the sleeves, but I didn't want to get in over my head. I ended up with this:
Woah, you guys. I actually like how it turned out. (By the way, it looks a little blue-er in real life.) 
For more of this, see the full post on my blog.
Thank you for looking!


cfortin said...

I like the new neck line and the length is much better. Happy New Year!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

RanchHouse said...

This color is a knock out on you. This should get many compliments.
Velvet can be a challenge, but well worth it as this shows.

Mary @ Ranch House.