Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, December 19, 2014

PJ REFASHION: matching skirt and scarf

I found an old pair of Charlie's lounge pants in one of my refashion piles and didn't even question its location. Before my husband could change his mind, a Sharpie marker and a pair of scissors already did their damage to the pants.


I turned the top part of the pants into a cute little skirt, where I just needed to sew front and back seams and work on a new rolled hem. Because I wasn't sure how to stitch close the fly area, I will eventually remove the original button and add new ones.


I completed the infinity scarf even if it took a few extra minutes. And now I have a cute little lounge skirt that I can wear around the house and maybe the corner drugstore. My new infinity scarf is ready to go! Yay!


For more about this refashion, click here.

Jennifer Elliott


jenny_o said...

My husband has become very careful where he puts his clothing as well :)

Nice job! I've stitched shut the fly on a few pairs of lounge pants - just a line of stitching on the open side, leaving the buttons intact. It doesn't show too much if the thread is a good match. But if you work out a different way, please let us know.

Andrea said...

I've got a few husband pieces in my pile and love what you did with this one!

Andrea EOD

Lola Nova said...

That's genius... I love it! Now off to check out the rest of your blog!