Friday, December 19, 2014

PJ REFASHION: matching skirt and scarf

I found an old pair of Charlie's lounge pants in one of my refashion piles and didn't even question its location. Before my husband could change his mind, a Sharpie marker and a pair of scissors already did their damage to the pants.

1125.blue1

I turned the top part of the pants into a cute little skirt, where I just needed to sew front and back seams and work on a new rolled hem. Because I wasn't sure how to stitch close the fly area, I will eventually remove the original button and add new ones.

PJ67

I completed the infinity scarf even if it took a few extra minutes. And now I have a cute little lounge skirt that I can wear around the house and maybe the corner drugstore. My new infinity scarf is ready to go! Yay!

PJ87

For more about this refashion, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

3 comments:

jenny_o said...

My husband has become very careful where he puts his clothing as well :)

Nice job! I've stitched shut the fly on a few pairs of lounge pants - just a line of stitching on the open side, leaving the buttons intact. It doesn't show too much if the thread is a good match. But if you work out a different way, please let us know.

Andrea said...

I've got a few husband pieces in my pile and love what you did with this one!

Andrea EOD

Lola Nova said...

That's genius... I love it! Now off to check out the rest of your blog!