Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, December 05, 2014

Sherlock Capelet

More plaid, more pleats, and yep, another cape!

Sherlock CapeletSherlock Capelet

I opened up the back seam of this too-small skirt to become the front of my new cape. I created new shoulder seams. I even made a black velvet collar from the remnants of the blazer I used in my previous refashion.

Sherlock Capelet - AfterSherlock Capelet - After

More details and pics are available at CarissaKnits!

Sherlock Capelet - Before & After


Andrea said...

Seriously cool cape! Love this, especially the pleats :)

Andrea EOD

RenataLaura said...

It was a bit too japanese schoolgirl to begin with, much classier as a cape! Really nice to see some winter refashions