Monday, December 08, 2014

SHIRT REFASHION: Pretty winter skirt

I think I wore this nice maroon lace-ish shirt a few times before deciding I didn't like it all that much. After snipping off the sleeves and cutting just below the neckline, I slipped on the maroon tube and evaluated its potential as a skirt. The future pencil skirt was a teeny bit too tight but I had a quick solution.


SUTTONC

A few months ago, I bought a set of four dark brown and lace table placements at a local high-end consignment store. I took one of the placement and cut it down the middle. I simply inserted a lace panel between the shirt's side seams.


MY SHIRT +

I love the addition of the lace panels to the new skirt, which was pretty simple to assemble. I didn't have to mess around with the bottom hem. I just needed to focus on the waistband and simply add elastic to the back part of the skirt.


SUTTOND

For more commentary and pictures, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love my kitty!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jenny_o said...

Very cute! (the skirt)

(and the kitty, too - so floofy!)