Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 08, 2014

SHIRT REFASHION: Pretty winter skirt

I think I wore this nice maroon lace-ish shirt a few times before deciding I didn't like it all that much. After snipping off the sleeves and cutting just below the neckline, I slipped on the maroon tube and evaluated its potential as a skirt. The future pencil skirt was a teeny bit too tight but I had a quick solution.


A few months ago, I bought a set of four dark brown and lace table placements at a local high-end consignment store. I took one of the placement and cut it down the middle. I simply inserted a lace panel between the shirt's side seams.


I love the addition of the lace panels to the new skirt, which was pretty simple to assemble. I didn't have to mess around with the bottom hem. I just needed to focus on the waistband and simply add elastic to the back part of the skirt.


For more commentary and pictures, click here.

Jennifer Elliott


jennifer elliott said...

I love my kitty!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jenny_o said...

Very cute! (the skirt)

(and the kitty, too - so floofy!)