Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Summer skirt from sarong

A few years ago I refashioned a sarong to a dress. I was sure I had pictures of it, but all I had, was this from when I created the dress.

But now it is a skirt. I cut of the bodice, made a casing, pulled an elastic through it and now my skirt is ready for summer. 

We have a saying that goes "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing". But honestly: Temperatures just above freezing, rainy and windy. Darkness most of the time. That is bad weather (it is much nicer when the real winter starts).
Then a little fantasy escape to a warm and sunny beach is justified.


jenny_o said...

I really like the colour and the drape of the skirt - looks nice on!

Elizabeth Hill said...

It makes a great skirt. Very summery.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus