Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Refashioned Thrifted Dress: No More Sleeves

thrifted refashioned silk dress - DIY tutorial and wear it six ways -

thrifted refashioned silk dress - DIY tutorial and wear it six ways -

When I stumbled up in this gorgeous material at the thrift store, I knew I loved it. But I did not like the hideous sleeves. As an easy fix, I took it home, chopped off the sleeves, and had myself an awesome new dress (that actually could be worn as a tunic as well)!

To do the refashion, I just cut off the excess sleeve fabric leaving about an inch to create the new seam. I folded the seam under twice, sewed down the "hem" with my machine, and away I went with a new dress.

Hop on over to Fashionably Employed to see six ways I wore this dress.


J said...

Beautiful fabric! Nice refashion

Corina said...

Love these colors!

Bailey Mills said...

Those sleeves truly were hideous. The Before pic looks like a mini-muumuu. You gave that dress the look that the gorgeous fabric deserved. :)

RanchHouse said...

Refashionistas: Read her blog for ideas on how to style this refashion. Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse

Rachel Kerstetter said...

It looks way better without sleeves!