Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Effortless purple dress!

It's not always easy to stay warm this time of year. My go-to outfit for Winter is usually thick leggings, a tunic, long cardigan, and boots. So, I was excited when I found this at my fave thrift store for $2:
I loved the color! Also it was perfect for Winter; it's long sleeved, maxi length, and had a turtleneck! Once I got it home, I apparently had a change of heart; because I went ahead and changed all of those things. I lost length from the hem, the sleeves, and the top! Here's the after, with the sash I made from the remnants.

I just couldn't do the turtleneck! Luckily, the purple (which looks different on my monitor than it does in person) is the same. I got several compliments on this color when I wore it to work today. I Googled shades of purple, just for funsies and found that this particular tone is called "pomp and power." Awesome.
Here's the full post, which isn't really necessary...but, I included a 40 second video of a joke about turtlecks! Craft, Thrift, or Die


Bailey Mills said...

I understand the turtleneck thing. I can't do them either. Makes me feel like i'm being strangled.

The finished product, while i'm sure isn't as warm, is much more stylish. :)

prolificprojectstarter said...

Looks lovely

jenny_o said...

That colour IS very nice on you!

cfortin said...

Great dress conversion. Can't beat 2 dollars. :-)

Cindy EOD
Upcycled Design Lab