Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

From Large Shirt To Small Dress!

Hi there! My name is Lolo and I just joined this awesome blog! I just started in the world of refashioning and I can't wait to do so many more. I have been keeping a blog about my DIY and crafting for a little over a year now. I have new special tab for refashions and you can see my blog here: The World of Glitter & Glue Guns. Now off to post my most recent refashion here for you all to see!

I got this 100% silk shirt in size large from the Goodwill. I knew I was pushing my sewing (non) expertise to the limits by doing my first refashion with silk but this piece was too good to pass up!

I just love this color!
You can't see very well in this image but it has a button down front that is really cute- also useful since I wouldn't need to add a zipper in the back.

I didn't have to do much to refashion this piece. I simply cut off the sleeves and brought the sides in a couple inches. I also used the necktie as a sash. You can see images of the changes I made and a better description at my blog here: The World of Glitter & Glue Guns.

Here is the after image:

A belt I had already also works in place of the sash!


jennifer elliott said...

Welcome to the site! What a great refashion! I admire anyone who can take a large shirt and turn into a cute little dress. Nice job.

Lolo said...

Thanks Jennifer!

Carissa said...

What a cute dress! It's amazing what a big difference a couple little changes can make. I really like it with the black belt.