Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Hot Pocket.

Hello lovelies!

The sky is blue today and I'm so happy about it I could cry.  In celebration I want to share another one of my favorite refashions with you!  It begins with this lovely number:

I stand by the fact that there is no way to take a picture in this outfit without featuring that gloriously, awkward pocket.  I scored this beauty from the local Salvation Army for $0.50 so I had to make it into something great. It went through a lengthy refashion where I tried to make it into a halter dress with a sweetheart neckline (let me tell you, it did not work well) and in frustration I ended up chopping it in half, bringing up the hem, and calling it good as a skirt. It turned out super cute and I didn't have to deal with adding a zipper because the buttons are fully functional (double bonus!)  

If you want to see the step-by-step debacle that resulted in this adorable skirt check out my original post here. Happy Monday everyone! 

Shawn Elizabeth


Refashion said...

The skirt looks sweet and very wearable

Debbie EOD

jennifer elliott said...

I love turning almost anything into a cute little skirt. Nice refashion.