Saturday, January 10, 2015

Next Year's Christmas Dress

On a recent thrift store outing I found a size 3T dress, that I'm pretty sure dates back to roughly around my childhood. It had decaying velvet bows on each hip, and at the low point below the velvet covered buttons.

I ripped the bows off before I remembered to take a picture. Just taking the bows off updated the dress by at least a decade!

I decided that with a little work, this will be my daughter's Christmas dress for next year. I took some light silver trim and some blingy buttons that I took off of a couple of other thrift store finds and spruced up the dress. Now we're all ready for next year's Christmas portraits. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those bows sound like they were too much! The other updates were great additions too, and I'm sure you're daughter will look adorable next Christmas!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus