Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stripes Are A Good Thing

I picked up this plain navy blue dress the other day for $2.  Since it was polyester with some lycra mixed in, my first thought was to just take it in on the sides for an easy pullover dress.  However, when I brought it home, it happened to match perfectly with a striped polo shirt hanging in my refashion closet.  The wheels in my head started turning and I decided to kick it up a notch with some stripes!

The end result was this....

For more pictures and a step-by-step on how it was done, 
you can visit my blog, Second Chances By Susan!


RanchHouse said...

You punched this one up more than a notch. This is sharp looking. Thanks for sharing with us.
Mary @ RanchHouse. EOD

prolificprojectstarter said...

What a transformation!

Annikins said...


jenny_o said...

Very nice! The trim really makes a huge difference.