Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 13, 2015

Adding modesty to a strapless dress (and roll tide!)

Another dress I thought would work as is, but when I put it on I felt sort of exposed with this dress. Rather than add straps, I used leftover fabric to create gathered shoulders. With a sort of a drapey feel.
I also fixed the waistband  some with some odd buttons. It is hard to see in the photos. Now I have a dress that I am much more comfortable wearing. Also great way to use up fabric scraps. For more information, click here.



Heidi said...

Roll Tide!

Andrea said...

Love the extra fabric you added! This is a great fix for a strapless dress :)

Andrea EOD

Christon Dunn said...

Roll Tide!!