Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

All Choked Up

I have been sitting on this finished refashion for a few weeks. I did the before pics, and then kept forgetting to do the after. *hangs head in shame*

I have been wanting a nice sweater dress for a while, but wasn't able to find one I liked. I found one a couple months ago at the Goodwill Clearance Center that was practically perfect. Except for one little thing.

Blech! A turtleneck!
I cannot stand turtlenecks. They make me feel like I'm being choked. So there was no question. It HAD to go.

Otherwise, a very nice, and perfectly fitting, little black sweater dress.
I hacked off the turtleneck portion (with EXTREME prejudice), and made a little V neck. Due to the pattern (that you can only see in the pics if you look really carefully because black fabric is a b**** to photograph) my attempt at turning over a hem for the neck failed. Spectacularly.

So I finally found a use for some fun, funky fabric that has been sitting in my stash for nearly 10 years.

Final product!

Wish me luck as I re-organize my sewing room from the post-Christmas chaos so I can tackle the 25 refashions that I have waiting! If you don't see me post in a while, it's probably safe to assume that I am trapped under a pile of hideous thrift store clothes that are in desperate need of saving. ;)


jennifer elliott said...

The stash of fabric makes the outfit pop. I like it.

KL said...


RanchHouse said...

Isn't it fun that with every refashion we learn a new skill or come up with a new ides? I will keep this one in mind.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Erica Moody said...

Those glasses in your before pic are perfect! Can you tell me anything about them, so that I can copy you and we'll be glasses twins?
Awesome refash, by the way.

Bailey Mills said...

The glasses I got a year ago at Americas Best. The brand is Gotham Style. They were the only ones in that style in the whole store!