Wednesday, February 04, 2015

All Choked Up

I have been sitting on this finished refashion for a few weeks. I did the before pics, and then kept forgetting to do the after. *hangs head in shame*

I have been wanting a nice sweater dress for a while, but wasn't able to find one I liked. I found one a couple months ago at the Goodwill Clearance Center that was practically perfect. Except for one little thing.

Blech! A turtleneck!
I cannot stand turtlenecks. They make me feel like I'm being choked. So there was no question. It HAD to go.

Otherwise, a very nice, and perfectly fitting, little black sweater dress.
I hacked off the turtleneck portion (with EXTREME prejudice), and made a little V neck. Due to the pattern (that you can only see in the pics if you look really carefully because black fabric is a b**** to photograph) my attempt at turning over a hem for the neck failed. Spectacularly.

So I finally found a use for some fun, funky fabric that has been sitting in my stash for nearly 10 years.

Final product!

Wish me luck as I re-organize my sewing room from the post-Christmas chaos so I can tackle the 25 refashions that I have waiting! If you don't see me post in a while, it's probably safe to assume that I am trapped under a pile of hideous thrift store clothes that are in desperate need of saving. ;)

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

The stash of fabric makes the outfit pop. I like it.

RanchHouse said...

Isn't it fun that with every refashion we learn a new skill or come up with a new ides? I will keep this one in mind.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Erica Moody said...

Those glasses in your before pic are perfect! Can you tell me anything about them, so that I can copy you and we'll be glasses twins?
Awesome refash, by the way.
Erica

GeekyArtsyMommy said...

The glasses I got a year ago at Americas Best. The brand is Gotham Style. They were the only ones in that style in the whole store!