Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Another hood gone

I really don't like hoods on children's clothing. Too big of a safety hazard. 

But I couldn't pass on this lovely knitted hooded cardigan, that I found in a Red Cross thrift shop.

Snip snip. I left about 10 cm (4") of the hood.

Then i folded the remaining piece and stitched it to the neckline.

It looks like it has always been like that.

It can also be a stand collar.



Joke Vermanen said...

It's still cute!

Amy Jo said...

Nice adjustment!

cfortin said...

Your refashion looks great. I like the idea of hoods but they are usually more trouble than they are worth.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jenny_o said...

A very useful change; I didn't realize a hood could be made into a collar so successfully! I can use this for a couple of my husband's hooded sweatshirts as he doesn't like the bulkiness of the hood. Thanks for sharing this.