Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Be Mine

So this weekend we all had the opportunity to celebrate the greatest of all holidays:  Single Awareness Saturday.

To celebrate this special occasion, I picked up this lovely frock. It had a sad, cat lady vibe, but was full of potential.

before2 copySexy librarians have got nothing on this!

First I removed the pleated, crazy tight collar.

1Sunshine Alley... of 40 cats.

Then I chopped some length off the billowy sleeves and the skirt...

2Chop chop!

...and started taking in the sleeves and the sides of the dress.

3Nip in the waist. Tapper those sleeves.

Once the sides and sleeves were done, I started working on a new neckline. It was still a bit tight, so I opened it up about 1/4 inch all the way around.

4No more garment strangulation!

Last, but not least, I hemmed the bottom of the skirt, and paired the new dress with some black wedges, a leopard print belt, and black and gold earrings.


I have a little more information about the making of the dress on my blog if you want to check it out. 
- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus
Now blogging at www.TheHungryOctopus.com!

2 comments:

vintagevogue said...

Looks great! And "Single Awareness Saturday" - funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

cfort82 said...

Great re-fashion Elizabeth!