Sunday, February 15, 2015

Short and Sweet

Hi everyone!!

It's been a while since I've done any refashioning, so I started off simple.

I found this in my (very large and messy, organised!) stash. I think I found it for a couple of ££'s somewhere ages ago....


I actually bought it for the white fake pocket handkerchief, but unfortunately it didn't make the final cut (no pun intended....)

Essentially the jacket part of the dress worked. I wanted to keep this one simple, so I chopped off the skirt bottom and tried on the jacket. It was just waaaaay too dated, but I didn't want to be dealing with the sleeves and taking it in still looked dated.

So I chopped off under the first button and stitched up the raw edges.

I'm pretty happy with it now, it adds a dash of colour to my predominately black wardrobe!


As always, the full process can be found here....




3 comments:

J said...

You turned a super ugly dress into a super cute jacket!

Carissa said...

A million times better than the original dress! Nice job!

-Carissa
EOD

AliceSAysNo said...

I know, it would have been a crime for that dress to remain in it's original state!