Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Hot Pink Silk... Oh yeah

I felt like I needed to do something pink or red for Valentine's Day yesterday, and this hot pink silk blouse fit the bill perfectly. Too bad it was a size 3X and had shoulder pads out the wazoo. Not to worry! I know just what to do!


I removed the shoulder pads and took in the sides to fit. Then I used the excess fabric to create a faux button band down the center and cuff straps on the sleeves. It turned out just perfect for date night with the hubby!

Silk Tee - After

See more pics and read more details over at CarissaKnits!

Silk Tee - Before & After


Sandy said...

Can't get lost in a darkened restaurant with that blouse!
Love the button stand idea.
Sandy in the UK

Gema Ensenat said...

LOVE that faux button band! SO perfectly executed! :)

jennifer elliott said...

I love the faux button band too! Great job!

Refashion said...

Oooh, I love the button band and sleeve tabs

Katie Rustin said...

I love it! Your refashion is flawless!