Monday, February 16, 2015

Hot Pink Silk... Oh yeah

I felt like I needed to do something pink or red for Valentine's Day yesterday, and this hot pink silk blouse fit the bill perfectly. Too bad it was a size 3X and had shoulder pads out the wazoo. Not to worry! I know just what to do!

Untitled

I removed the shoulder pads and took in the sides to fit. Then I used the excess fabric to create a faux button band down the center and cuff straps on the sleeves. It turned out just perfect for date night with the hubby!

Silk Tee - After

See more pics and read more details over at CarissaKnits!

Silk Tee - Before & After

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Can't get lost in a darkened restaurant with that blouse!
Love the button stand idea.
Sandy in the UK

Gema said...

LOVE that faux button band! SO perfectly executed! :)

jennifer elliott said...

I love the faux button band too! Great job!

Refashion said...

Oooh, I love the button band and sleeve tabs
Debbie
EOD

Unknown said...

I love it! Your refashion is flawless!

-Duckinyellow