Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Shirt to Dress

Before I did my last post here, I took an inventory of the items I have in my refash stash. I had 29 things that I need/want to tackle. (If you really want to see all 29 items, click here.)

I got a new-to-me overlock sewing machine that I had the perfect project to learn how to use it on.
So exciting!
I decided to tackle a simple project. Turn an adult size medium shirt into a dress for my toddler. 
The spaghetti straps were falling off, and the decorative roses were barely hanging on.
I removed the straps and straggly roses, then sewed new side seams and added some grossgrain ribbon. It took me less than half an hour to make a beautiful new dress for my daughter!

Striking a pose.
Now we just need some warm weather so she can wear it out!

1 comment:

RanchHouse said...

Hi Bailey,
Thanks for sharing this refashion for the little one.
Mary @ RanchHouse
Editor of the Day (EOD)