Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, February 05, 2015

SWEATER FIX: Just add lace

I've had this lovely purple sweater for a few years, but through the winters, I kind of just toss the sweater into my normal laundry load.


Anyway, either I've gained a bit of weight or the washing machine worked its shrinking magic, the sweater is just a teeny bit too small. Not terribly small, but small enough for me to feel uncomfortable.


Anyway, I grabbed some lace from my stash and inserted a triangular piece into the side. The new side pieces make the sweater a bit longer -- more like a tunic now -- but I still love it.


The lace adds a little bit of pop to the solid color, and I have plenty more lace for future projects. Unless I gain more weight, the sweater should last a few more winters!


Take a gander at my blog -- -- for pretty pictures and other personal projects.

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Please ignore the toilet paper roll and the dirty mirror.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD