Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 09, 2015

T-SHIRT REFASHION: Finally! Color block!

Feel special because I am posting a refashion that I haven't even posted on my own blog! All these pretty and talented contributors at Refashion Co-op have made me feel lazy by posting more than once a month! Overachievers.  ;)


Not to mention, everyone's refashions have been amazingly inspiring and beautiful. So, here I am trying to be an overachiever like the rest of you. For the longest time, I've been wanting to create a cute color block shirt because other DIYers make the process look so simple and awesome!


I found three T-shirts that needed a little bit of jazz. I took one of the gray T-shirts and made a straight cut underneath sleeve seam. I took the olive T-shirt and made the same cut. However, I ran into a small issue -- the olive shirt was slightly larger than the white one.


I gathered the extra fabric in bits and pieces and hand sewn the small hole shut. The gathering created small pleats and bumps, but I can live with the minor imperfection since it's pretty small and in the armpit area.


For my weekly photo recap and personal projects, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I like the colour combination you have in the "new" tee shirt.

Debbie EOD