Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another Sweater Skirt

Winter might be winding down in most parts of the world, but there is still ice, snow, and cold where I live. I'll be wearing warm clothes for at least a couple more weeks. Here is a 100% wool (llbean) sweater my Mama found at the thrift store. It was a very warm and comfortable sweater, but it was a little boxy in the fitting. It's much more flattering and useful to me as a skirt.

This shot is as close to "before" as I have; I remembered I needed a before shot after I cut off the sleeves. Ooops.

Sew up the sides where the sleeves used to be, add a waist band, and put in the tag. et voilĂ !





Worn with fleeced tights, wool socks, and boots! i stayed warm on a very cold day.




2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I don't think you could have too many sweater skirts. :) I really the two different stripes at the bottom of the skirt. Great job.

cfort82 said...

I think that sweater made a really pretty skirt.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab