NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another Sweater Skirt

Winter might be winding down in most parts of the world, but there is still ice, snow, and cold where I live. I'll be wearing warm clothes for at least a couple more weeks. Here is a 100% wool (llbean) sweater my Mama found at the thrift store. It was a very warm and comfortable sweater, but it was a little boxy in the fitting. It's much more flattering and useful to me as a skirt.

This shot is as close to "before" as I have; I remembered I needed a before shot after I cut off the sleeves. Ooops.

Sew up the sides where the sleeves used to be, add a waist band, and put in the tag. et voilĂ !





Worn with fleeced tights, wool socks, and boots! i stayed warm on a very cold day.




2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I don't think you could have too many sweater skirts. :) I really the two different stripes at the bottom of the skirt. Great job.

cfortin said...

I think that sweater made a really pretty skirt.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab