Monday, March 23, 2015

From halterneck to ordinary straps

 Summer top in a great fabric, but I didn't like the pointy edge in the front (too late 90s/early 00s) and the fact, that it was a halterneck top.
I removed a triangle of the patterned fabric and reattached the blue edge to the now straight edge.
I repositioned the halterneck straps to be ordinary straps.
And lastly I made bust darts (the shape needed to a halterneck is different form the one with ordinary straps).
 

After:
 

I did the same thing with this chambray dress.
Before:

I repositioned the straps and made bust darts.

A nice, comfortable everyday dress.

My blog: http://www.sagaifarver.dk

4 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

You're quite smart (and wise) if I dare saying so!
Weeell done!

LG, Gerlinde
with thanks for this idea

Unknown said...

Great idea for refashioning halterneck into straps! I think I will be doing on some summer pieces too!

Unknown said...

Done this before, but never thought of the breast darts. Thank you.

Refashion said...

The top and dress both look much better - love the everyday dres
Debbie EOD