Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Lace tablecloth to an awesome skirt

I found this lace tablecloth that I didn't think it was round, I somehow missed that at the thrift store. Oops! I dyed it 2 different RIT dye colors (denim blue and dark green) to get rid of the white and tan colors. My original plan was to turn it into a top but I cut the neck hole too big. When I sighed in dismay, the top fell to my hips and I realized this would be a perfect circle skirt! And thus it became this awesome skirt!

I am so happy I turned it into a skirt. It is so fun to twirl in! This marks the end of my 99 refashion challenge I set last year. This year I have been really busy with work and also been working on some bigger projects like a tshirt quilt (oh yeah and the entire month of February I have been and am sick) that I haven't done many refashions. I hope to get back to sewing :)

For more on this refashion click here.


1 comment:

Carissa said...

I'm sure it would've been cute as a top too, but I *love* how this skirt turned out! Sorry you've been busy and sick recently. :(